Granite, Stone, Quartz
Granite is a common type of intrusive, felsic, igneous rock which is granular and phaneritic in texture. This rock consists mainly of quartz, mica, and feldspar. Occasionally some individual crystals (phenocrysts) are larger than the groundmas, in which case the texture is known as porphyritic. A granitic rock with a porphyritic texture is sometimes known as a porphyry. Granites can be pink to gray in color, depending on their chemistry and mineralogy. By definition, granite is an igneous rock with at least 20% quartz by volume. Granite differs from granodiorite in that at least 35% of the feldspar in granite is alkali feldspar as opposed to plagioclase; it is the alkali feldspar that gives many granites a distinctive pink color. Outcrops of granite tend to form tors and rounded massifs. Granites sometimes occur in circular depressions surrounded by a range of hills, formed by the metamorphic aureole or hornfels. Granite is usually found in the continental plates of the Earth's crust.
Why Granite ?
7 Reasons to choose granite for your counter top
1). Timeless .
2). Durable .
3). Beautiful .
4). Tough .
5). Easy Maintenance .
6). Valuable your House .
7). No Worry .
- Natural Beauty
- Granite counter tops are available in rich and elegant textures that can be found in colors ranging from light accents to deep, dark tones. With basic care, granite's polish can last indefinitely.
- Hot pots and pans can be placed directly on a granite surface without causing any damage
- Because granite is a natural product, no two pieces are identical. Slabs of granite vary in colors, patterns and textures. If you are choosing a pattern from samples provide by a contractor, make sure you are the one who is choosing the actual slabs that will be installed.
- Ease of Care
- For daily cleaning, granite counter tops can be wiped with a soft cloth or paper towel and soapy water.
- Increased Home Value
- Whether you plan to sell your home soon or not, you can increase the value of your house with granite.